Thursday, September 5, 2013

Meet the Crew

Hello, and welcome to Hippocrates' Housewives! We are so excited to share our crazy lives with you! In many ways we are just like any other wife, but our lives are also greatly affected by the professions our husbands love and devote their lives to, making our roles as wives and mothers a little (or even a lot) more difficult. The four of us are in different stages of our husbands' medical careers, in different locations, and different stages of life, so we hope to cover a broad range of topics and experiences. We are all members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS, often referred to as Mormons) and that plays a HUGE role in our lives. While we will be using nick names and pseudonyms to keep some form of anonymity, here's a little info about who we are and what we're all about.

Clara B. 
I am the mother of two littles, Princess and Monkey, who are a mere sixteen months apart and quite the happy handful. My husband and I have been married for four years. We are in our intern year of Family Medicine residency and just starting to figure out how to deal with the crazy schedules. I love to read, cook, eat (especially Thai and Indian food), play with my family, shop, and dream about my "one day home."

M. Quinn
While it's true that there are so many remarkable women in medicine, it seemed fitting that I choose a fictional character as my pseudonym.  I am, after all, married to a 'doctor for pretend'.  That's sort of where our story lies at this point in our lives.  My husband has yet to earn those fancy letters that will soon adorn his name and until then, I will probably be sharing bits and pieces of how medical school impacts our day to day.  We have been married for 5 years and have two crazy-adorable daughters.  I love to read, play softball/basketball, and spend time with my family.

Rachel C.
I am the still fairly new wife of a sexy doctor.  We married 5 days after he graduated med school and are now in our 2nd year of Family Medicine residency.  I try to balance being a newly wed, going back to school for a 2nd degree, orchestra rehearsals, teaching lessons, and a church calling in addition to the things I love in life, like crafting (lots of sewing), swimming, reading, spending any quality time with my husband, making food for our family of two and looking at Pinterest to find ways to spruce up our fixer-upper house.  Sometimes I'm more balanced than others!

F. Nightingale
At this point in our journey, it feels like Medical School and Residency have completely defined my whole life, as a wife and mother. We have been married for 7 years, had 2 kiddos during med school, and I'm currently supporting my husband in his 2nd year of Pediatric residency. Those roles of wife and mother are incredibly important to me but they also can feel so massive some days that I don't have room to do or think about anything else. Even though it can be challenging at times to "ride on the coat tails" of my husband and his many dreams, I'm also finding that being on this road has been incredibly rewarding as well. I enjoy baking, reading, blogging, crafting, socializing with other moms, and watching my favorite movies (especially when my husband is away on his night shifts). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers! Let us know your thoughts.