Monday, December 2, 2013

Time Well Wasted

I don't know about you but I ate the house to the ground this last weekend.  To.  The.  Ground.  No big deal except for the fact that I am becoming increasingly worried that Thanksgiving was a precursor to the coming months.  My husband has reached the homestretch with medical school.  Residency interviews are about over and the months ahead will be spent waiting.  And eating.

I don't really know what to do with myself.  I feel like we are in limbo.  I mean, we know we are moving in less than 6 months.  We just don't know where.  I can't plan ahead.  Looking for houses or apartments feels like a fantasy.  Should I buy the girls a bunk-bed or will we be lucky enough to get a place big enough for them to have their own rooms?  Do I buy this couch or that couch?  Home decor on Pinterest is getting close to ruining my life.  It's nothing but a pipe dream, you guys.  But then I search for deliciously easy recipes.  You know where I'm going with this.  Cream cheese frosting...on a spoon.  Or cinnamon roll.  Whatever you want, really.  Can you say wretched glutton?

So, our family is going on a chicken and lettuce diet.  It started out as a joke.  I'm a believer of portion control.  Go ahead and eat your pizza, just maybe not eight slices.  This chicken and lettuce thing is probably going to kill me.  Or at least my resolve to eat a little healthier.  We'll see which comes first.  Still, no more delicious Pinterest recipes.  No more killing time on the world wide web finding the next greatest cupcake recipe.  I'm bored.  It feels never ending.


Filling the time is getting difficult, especially when I can't fill it with ranch dip or nachos.  We've reached our quota on family movie nights.  Despicable Me has been seen so many times that my daughter built her very own "box of shame" for quiet time.  Try explaining that to people.  The Christmas tree has been decorated and undecorated multiple times.  We've wandered the mall, Target, and Bass Pro Shop so much that I think we are considered "regulars".  I'm running out of ideas so if you've got 'em, help a sister out.  The more skeeball, the better.  Until then, enjoy your delicious food.  I'll be over here eating lettuce and wishing it was a cheeseburger.

m. quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers! Let us know your thoughts.